With an exponential increase in the number of websites, the number of online attacks by hackers, viruses, etc. has increased too. Website owners prioritize security over all other features to ensure that their site and/or data is not compromised and that the online users feel safe visiting their websites. There are numerous tools available to protect your site against these cyber threats. Today, we will be focusing on SiteLock Security and understand the way it works.
SiteLock is a name synonymous with website security today. It is a cloud-based platform that offers a range of website security solutions like site scanning, removal of malware, patching vulnerabilities, backing up your website, firewalls, protection against a Distributed Denial of Service attack (DDoS), etc.
How does SiteLock work?
Once you sign up for SiteLock and integrate it with your website, it starts working towards making your site secure.
- Comprehensive Scans
Primarily, SiteLock scans your website every day and identifies any security vulnerabilities. Its deep 360-degree site scan includes the following:
- Malware scan – where it performs an outside-in scan for over 10 million threats and stops malware before they impact the performance of your site or attack the site visitors.
- Spam scan – where it scans your website’s domain name and IP address against various spam databases. It alerts you if any issue is identified to allow you to make corrections immediately.
- Cross-site Scripting and SQL Injection scan – alerts you if it finds any vulnerabilities after scanning your site for both these vulnerabilities.
- Application scan – where it checks for vulnerabilities in the operating system, database, and application versions.
- Network scan – where it scans all open ports on the server and ensure that the ones that are supposed to be closed are not open.
- SMART™ scan
Some plans of SiteLock offer SMART™ of Secure Malware Alert and Removal Tool scan. It scans your site’s files using FTP and identifies and removes vulnerabilities and malicious code.
SiteLock also offers TrueShield Firewall to protect your website against bad bot traffic and hackers while keeping harmful requests at bay. It alerts you whenever a threat is detected, provides CAPTCHA security, and also helps you identify the source of the attack.
- DDoS Protection
You can protect your website against DDoS attacks by using SiteLock. It blocks DDoS attacks up to 16 bps, application-level attacks, and deploys the adequate protection.
Once SiteLock has secured your website, it displays a seal of security on your site that helps visitors know that the site has been scanned and does not have any security threats. While this helps build trust with the online community, it also helps improve the SEO of your website.
SiteLock is a comprehensive tool for website security. Many site owners who do not accept financial transactions online tend to adopt basic security measures and expose their website to online threats. However, a website stores a lot of information about visitors that can be targeted by hackers for various reasons. Hence, it is important to ensure that you deploy the best security tools for your site. With SiteLock, your site will always remain secure and fend off most threats with ease. Good Luck!